The total number of smartphone users worldwide is projected to cross one billion by the end of 2015 – a clear indication of the ever-increasing popularity of these devices. What’s more insightful is the fact that, over 60% of all smartphones are Android sets, making the latter easily the most popular variety of smartphones across the globe. Keeping pace with the increase in the market share of Android phones has been the vast range of smart applications – designed to aid users in practically all walks of life. In the current discourse, we will take you through some of the best Android apps for kids:
1. Snail Bob – A gaming app that is ideally suited to keep toddlers nicely occupied. The ultimate objective of the game is to direct the snail on the screen towards the exit point. The mobile application framework used to create Snail Bob is seamlessly designed, ensuring that kids can handle it without any hassles.
2. Tally Tots – You can make your little one’s first acquaintance with numerical figures an enjoyable experience, with the help of this app. Designers from any professional mobile application development company opine that Tally Tots is just the perfect app to help kids learn counting till twenty. Depending upon the number that a kid is learning at any point, an interactive activity is arranged – to provide a real-world simulation.
3. Grimm’s Bookshelf – If your son/daughter is fond of enchanting fairy tales, (s)he will absolutely love the extensive selection of tales stored on Grimm’s Bookshelf. You can check out the free sample of this Android app first, before moving on to its full version from the Google Play Store. Your kid’s imagination powers would increase, as s(he) peruses the exciting tales on this virtual bookshelf.
4. Tap Tap Revenge – In the field of iphone app development in India for kids and teenagers, this one is steadily increasing in popularity. Ideally suited for touchscreen handsets, kids need to actually ‘tap’ on the targets – and these ‘taps’ have to be in sync with the music beats playing in the background. There are many alternative layouts and background music to choose from.
5. Facts For Kids – This application is all about improving the overall general knowledge of the little ones. One interesting piece of trivia, from the field of academics, sports, or any other random topic, is presented every day through the app. Apart from enhancing the knowledge pool of kids, these facts can be directly shared on Facebook too. Your child can become quite the star – thanks to his/her information on a variety of issues!
6. FriendShip Kids – The Pro edition of this engaging application is available at a nominal price at the store of any leading Android and iphone application development company in India. It contains an impressive number of comic strips, and offers little kids the opportunity to replace the original strips with characters and figures they sketch on their own. Creativity levels would definitely be boosted.
7. LEGO – Fun meets educational features – in this famous Android app with child-friendly graphics. Your kid would have to create his/her own LEGO truck, and move it along to the pre-specified destination on screen. Difficulty levels can be altered, and special coins are on offer for every successfully completed assignment.
8. Kids ABC Phonics – One of the several smartphone apps that help in familiarizing toddlers with the English alphabets, before (s)he starts attending school. The application has letter bubbles, which can be popped by pronouncing them in the right manner. The word-forming games (three-letter) would help your little one to start picking up the language at an early stage.
9. Ollie The Cat – As far as story-telling app development services are concerned, this one ranks right among the finest. Kids are sure to get hooked on to the enchanting tale of Ollie, who meets and becomes friends with many other animals. The young voice narrating the story adds to the app’s charms, and the chain of stories can be expanded further as well.
10. Potato Head Color – A simple yet interesting color book – that’s what this immensely popular application for Android devices is. Figures present in this app have to be colored in a bright, vibrant manner. A large number of potato heads can be configured for coloring. Won’t you like to foster imaginative artistic skills in your little one?
11. iTouchiLearn Life Skills – The first bits of discipline can be instilled in the regular routines of young children, with the help of this app. It has gained widespread acclaim from experts at mobile application development companies around the world – particularly for the systematic, step-wise manner in which it presents the regular morning tasks that a kid needs to do. The catchy background music makes iTouchiLearn all the more engaging.
12. Temple Run – Although primarily designed for kids, this classic treasure-hunting and retrieval game app has fascinated users across all ages. The player chooses an action figure for him/herself for the game, and then has to evade a series of traps – to return safely with the treasure. It’s mighty addictive, and is instrumental in helping little ones learn about the basics of strategy-making too.
If your kid has a speech impairment, or is simply too shy to converse with others, the TapToTalk app can be handy for improving his/her social skills. At the store of any established agency for Android and iphone app development in India, you will find many other kid-friendly, customized apps. Android apps for kids are great fun to use, and they can also serve as the first stepping-stones for their education.